Lemon-basil raspberry dessert
Serves 6 to 8
- In a saucepan, melt 50g of butter with 45g of semi-skimmed milk.
- Remove from heat and add 70g of flour.
- Drain and add 85g of egg yolks and 50g of whole eggs.
- Mix gently with 125g of eggs whites previously whipped and mixed with 60g of sugar.
- Spread on Silpat.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 to 12 min.
- On leaving the oven, cool slightly and cut to the size of the circle.
Lemon basil jelly
- Mix 200g of lemon puree with 15g of chopped basil. Put in a bag under vacuum. Infuse the preparation at 30°C for 6 h using a thermoplongueur. Set aside.
- Bring to the boil 50mL of water with the zest of a lemon. Infuse. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix 200mL of water and 14g of surgel. Boil for 1 min (until complete dissolution of the gelling agent).
- Add 25g of sugar, 160mL of basil’s infusion and 30mL of lemon’s infusion. Add green coloring.
- Mix infusions with surgel’s preparation.
- Pour in a circle. Allow to gelified, and then freeze.
- Whip 175mL of cream. Set aside.
- Mix 50g of water with 14g of eggs whites. Make a meringue by mixing hydrated eggs whites with 50g of raspberry puree. Cook 200g of sugar with 65g of water, then pour the mixture over the meringue base. Set aside 150g of Italian meringue.
- Dissolve 9g of pork gelatin in 45g of water, mix with 300g of warmed raspberry puree. Pour in a bowl.
- Add 150g of meringue and 175g of whipped cream.